Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Vacation from the #cranelife

The #cranelife can be very difficult at times. There are many tasks that are physically demanding and long hours that can become burdensome. This winter has been very hectic for Wagstaff Crane and its employees. Wagstaff Crane was hired to man many cranes around the clock and night shifts were common. As a student and employee I was working a lot of hours and juggling 20 credit hours at the Marriott School of Business at Brigham Young University in Provo. Needless to say, I was in dire need of a vacation!


I spent the last week in Hawaii relaxing on the beach and staying far away from cranes and equipment. I spent the week with my family on the island of Oahu where we rented a vacation home on the North shore in the small city of Haleiwa. We had a great time snorkeling, swimming, cliff-jumping, and just spending time together as a family. My favorite part of the trip was visiting the Polynesian Culture Center and entering the Laie Temple. I was able to visit an old mission companion at the Polynesian Culture Center and go to the temple with him the next day. It was a great experience!



Our week in Hawaii really did go too fast. We loved the weather and the lack of responsibility. However, I am excited to back in the operators seat tomorrow, living the #cranelife.

No comments:

Post a Comment