Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Monday, June 10, 2013



Although the above picture is fairly low quality, you can still see the small strands of rubber that once was a belt in the engine of the 50 ton crane I was operating earlier today. I was driving towards Tooele, Utah and my crane began to over heat quite badly. I pulled over on to the side of the road and waited for the engine to cool down before I poked my head into the engine covers and see why my crane was running so hot. I opened the engine cover and found anti-freeze dripping onto the ground and rubber strands wrapped around many moving pieces. 

I described the situation to our mechanic and he could tell that the blown belt was going to be very difficult to clean up and replace. I was able to get the crane off the road and onto the job site where the customers saw my problem and were very understanding of my late arrival. Our mechanic is currently working to fix the problem so that the crane can be in use tomorrow morning, I will let you know how things worked out with 50-6 and its blown engine belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment