Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Monday, June 3, 2013

Never Seen This Before...

This week I was working on a construction site and I saw something that I have never seen before. I was driving off the job site in a 50 ton crane when I stopped at a traffic light and saw a man working on the light pole about 20 feet in the air. The best way to explain what I saw was with a picture.

As you can see in the picture, this crew was using a track-hoe to lift a worker above the light pole and do his job. I found this technique to be very funny. Using a track-hoe as a man lift was very popular in the 50's and 60's but very rare in todays construction industry. This crew was very lucky that they didn't receive a surprise visit from OSHA. They would have been fined and punished for their unsafe acts.

Being apart of the #cranelife, I have seen a lot of interesting solutions to very unique problems. These solutions are sometimes unsafe, sometimes funny, but always creative. I love working with cranes and being on a construction site; there is something new each day. The construction life is what makes me happy and I love to be apart and see something new each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment