Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just Another Day...

Today was a very uneventful day at work for me. I was dispatched to be in Yard 1 at 6:15 so that I could take a 30-ton boom truck to a job site on 9000 South and State Street in Draper, Utah. I woke up early and made my way to the job site about 15 minutes early. Once I saw the 12,000 pound unit and where I needed to put the large air handler, I was certain that I was in the wrong crane. I called dispatch and explained that my crane was not going to be big enough for the task and that they needed to send a 50 ton. Luckily, we had a 50 ton available and a co-worker took care of my job. I was called back into the yard to go on another job in West Magna on a 50-ton. I drove the slow crane for almost an hour to the new job and got everything set-up and ready to go. I waited from 8:00 am to noon before the the job foreman decided to cancel the job and send me away.

It was noon and I had not accomplished a single thing. Unfortunately, I didn't get much done from noon to 6 pm either. I spent the afternoon looking for lost rigging that was never found and chasing company trucks across the valley that had been left of job sites.  Hopefully thing will go a little better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment