Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

John Deere


Yesterday I was able to take a 33 ton boom truck to the Morton Salt Refinery in Tooele, Utah. I love running the 33 ton boom truck because it has the great luxury of an air-conditioned cab and all of the gauges work perfectly. I showed up on site to help the maintenance crew rebuild an old John Deere excavator. We lifted the rebuilt engine from the back of a pickup into the engine department of the tractor. The crew had a tough time getting everything to line up and I sat in the cold cab for almost 3 hours while they tried to make this new engine fit into their old excavator.

I enjoyed the easy going job, the stress was minimal and I was hoping that this job would drag on all day. Luckily, after three hours of fighting the engine, they realized that they forgot to put a part in that allowed the radiator to function properly. We started the whole process over and my wish was granted. Six hours of gravy work in the middle of a salt plant far from the hard work of changing oil and loading counterweights in the shop. It was a perfect job to get the week started off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment