Which crane do you find the most impressive?

Monday, June 3, 2013

Sunday Emergency

Last Sunday, as I was getting ready to go to church and teach my nursery class about baptism, I received a call from my Dad and was asked to go into work for an emergency crane job at a local gas refinery in North Salt Lake. Luckily, my wife was able to cover for me and teach the young nursery children about baptism while I went and helped a crew of 18 guys fix an expensive mistake at the refinery.

I was working with another employee of Wagstaff Crane in order to set the crane up and make the pick as quickly as we could. We used a GMK 4115, 115 ton crane to pull a 18,000 pound motor out of a tight spot inside the large refinery. We learned that each day that the motor is out of commission the refinery loses 550,000 dollars. We were excited that the lift went exactly as we planned and the repairs began immediately. Our crane will be on site for almost a week to finish the project and get the motor running again.


I was sad that I was unable to go to church this last Sunday, however, I wont complain about being paid double for working on a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment